Each of these is, of course, dependent on the type of business, organization, or mission.
- What are you looking to achieve on social media?
- Look at what channels are being used by similar businesses.
- Create an account, then sit back and “listen”. Search for relevant keywords and follow the conversations. Get a feel for the channel before posting or commenting.
- Decide on what “voice” you wish to use for your posts. Even if you have multiple people making posts, they should all be following the same format, goals, and tone.
- Develop questions that support your goals and objectives.
- Ask friends, relatives, and regular, recognizable customers for their thoughts and preferences.
- Survey your current followers for thoughts and ideas of what they would like to see. What channels do they prefer? What are their likes and dislikes?
- Use focus groups.
- Listen to the responses. Each answer provides insight and can bring new perspectives.