Being new to social media can be overwhelming. I feel that one must develope some sort of system to manage your social media accounts. Here is what i found that may be of use. AD
5 top tips on how to manage your social media accounts
- Facebook is very image lead – post ‘just in’, ‘best sellers’, images of the shop, as well as what inspires you. Remember not to keep it too brand focused – show your personality. You can also upload videos.
- Engage with followers – ‘like’ their posts, say thank you for positive comments etc.
- Communicate business news such as new collections, launch dates, special events etc.
- Involve your fans with decisions – e.g window displays.
- Take inspiration from other facebook pages that you like and see how they engage with their audience.
- Remember a tweet is only 140 characters so keep it concise – to shorten links use https://bitly.com.
- Twitter runs a #ff (follow Friday) allowing you to recommend people to follow on a Friday! Get involved.
- Follow relevant people and when people follow you, acknowledge it by either tweeting them or #ff.
- Like with Facebook, involve your fans with decisions or tweet for advice. Eg. Tweet @houseandhome for a suggested lamp.
- Twitter is immediate dialogue so treat it that way – ‘just had our first Christmas decorations in #exciting #christmas
NB: Using # hastags on twitter can be for emphasising relevant words and is used as a search tool.