Predictions from PRSA (Public Relations Society of America) of the challenges that will face Public Relations Professionals.
1. Demand for Accountability Will Rise – PR Professionals will be asked to build greater trust and confidence.
2. Trends That Will Shape What’s Next – PR Professionals will be asked to provide leadership in integrated communication models.
3. Global PR and Internal Communication Trends – Marketing and public relations departments will differentiate themselves in communicating to the global market. Trust and accountability will rest with the PR Professional, not marketing.
4. Page view Journalism’s Increasing Rise – Social communications (blogs, Twitter, Facebook) will require strategic management.
5. Not Losing your Social Media Shirt in 2013 – Social media outlets will instrumental in message delivery.
What are your thoughts on these challenges?